Award ceremonies aren’t always the most fun events to attend. There’s the occasional gala thrown by a big company where guests can enjoy cocktails and finger foods, but for the most part, these ceremonies are events that no one really looks forward to unless they are being honored. So how do you make these events something everyone can look forward to?
One exciting way hosts have found keeps guests interested and entertained is the addition of a theme. There are many different kinds of fandoms and cultures that people are passionate about and would love to incorporate into their everyday lives.
So how do you choose?
Get to know your team members if you haven’t already. Find some common interests and decide on the theme that would work best for everyone. By tapping into your staff’s interests, you can make it easier for them to feel comfortable contributing and bringing enthusiasm to the brainstorming session.
If you find there is more than one common interest, you can easily cast a vote and get your theme ready to roll before your next event!
1. Super heroes: Super heroes have built a serious amount of buzz since the comic book companies began creating and rebooting the films. These always seem to go over well with the crowd and are guaranteed to bring out the excited 10 year-old in everyone!
2. The Golden Age: Everyone is enamored with the glitz and glamour of old Hollywood and the excitement of the prohibition era. This could be a great time to break out the fedoras and flapper dresses!
3. 50’s Glamour: There’s a very particular sophistication that comes with the 50’s. It was an explosive time for business, family values, the American dream and pop culture. Your staff is sure to draw endless inspiration from the iconic era.
4. Casino Night: Bring Las Vegas right to your ceremony. Entertain guests with vibrant decorations, extravagant costumes and unique cocktails that will make them forget they are at a work-related event!
5. Mardis Gras: There’s nothing like celebrating Mardis Gras in NOLA itself. But unless you make the trip to Louisiana it’s going to be hard to find the authentic feel. But why not try and bring all the color, booze delicious fried food and excitement to your awards ceremony?