While most people understand that rewarding people for their efforts in an organization is very important, unfortunately, recognition deserved is often not given simply because of operational complexities. Managers are often trying to contain costs and they fear that rewarding team members may be too pricy or time consuming. But awards presented at award ceremonies still remain one of the easiest and best ways to boost morale in an organization.
If you are considering holding an awards ceremony to recognize those deserving, here are a few tips which should help your event be a success.
- Determine a budget. It’s important to be realistic about your budget. Shop around to be sure you get the most for your money. Remember, everything from your suppliers is negotiable. Also, be honest with your suppliers about your budget. This will save you time as well as preventing them from quoting products or services that are way out of your range.
- Event design. If you have an idea of how you want your event to look, describe that to the event producer. Be sure to list audio requirements, displays, wide-screens, LED display effects and lecterns. This will give your production team a better idea of your vision and will help them provide an accurate quote. If you haven’t developed a vision, consult with the production company to create a unique experience for your guests.
- 3. Atmosphere. Consider how you can use lighting and music to create the proper ambiance. Moving lights, up-lights and patterned effects can be low cost but create a spectacular ambiance for an awards ceremony. Additionally, you can use music throughout the awards ceremony to accompany stage walk-ons and bring excitement to the room.
- Awards Presentation. Since the main point of your award ceremony is to showcase the award winners, be sure to keep them at the forefront, so each winner gets the proper honor. You may even consider filming the honorees prior to the event and showing video clips in an entertaining way.
- Video. Video is a popular way to preserve the memory of your awards ceremony. We suggest you plan for roaming video professionals to capture footage throughout the event, including speeches by winners. After the ceremony, you can create a highlights video to post on your website and Facebook, use as a promotional tool on YouTube and present as an additional gift to award winners.
Sure, planning an awards ceremony is a big undertaking, but these five tips should help you get headed in the right direction. And be sure to order your award certificates and plaques well in advance so you’re not scrambling for these at the last minute. Presenta Plaque even offers wholesale pricing, so we’re a great choice for organizations honoring a large number of people!