If you haven’t displayed your award plaques yet because you are dreading having to figure out how to hang them, here are a few tips that will get you get excited about this project.
- For certificates and photos that will be displayed together, consider having all the photos framed compatibly. Presenta Plaque offers Walnut, Oak and Black Marble frames. You can select frames in various patterns of the same color or material but they should all have the same mat color. Keep the same color for all the frames for a more formal look.
- If the room you want to hang your plaque has a large wall and a lot of floor space, start by laying out all of your artwork, including your plaque on the floor first. Measure how far apart you like them from one another. Once this has been figured out, hang each picture one at a time.
- If you are having a hard time visualizing the pictures on the floor, you can try making a template of each piece to be hung. You can do this by tracing around the outside of the frame on craft paper, cut out the shape and label it. Draw an arrow on each one to indicate which way is up. Attach the templates to the wall with removable adhesive and experiment with placement.
- Group pictures and certificates together. Consider using a larger picture in the center. Then place two smaller pictures or certificates on either side of the large picture, spaced vertically to about equal the length of the larger frame. You can also use a mirror in place of the larger picture.
- Don’t put one certificate or picture on a large wall or the piece will be totally out of balance. If you don’t have enough certificates and artwork to fill up space on a large wall, consider adding mirrors or shadowboxes.
- Hang certificates and other pictures at eye level.
- For a unique display option, place the certificate or picture on a plate rack.
- Try displaying certificates or pictures be leaning them against the wall on shelving.
- Display certificates or pictures on an easel for some variety. Options include bamboo, iron or wood easels.