Are you having an awards party this season? We have a few tricks up our sleeves to make it the most unforgettable party of the year—try these tips to make it a party your friends will talk about for years to come.
• Make invitations that are black and gold with the same font as the Oscars
• Include the activities that are going to happen at the party in the invitation – especially superlatives
• Ask guests to each bring a bottle of champagne or their favorite sparkling wine, so you can get the night off to a celebratory start, and you can end it that way, too!
• Make a dress code for the event (black tie affair) – let them know there will be a photographer present
• Have a red carpet with someone taking pictures of everyone who arrives — maybe have some cutouts of the nominees to get photos with–make sure to capture a few photos. Ladies are very picky about how they look in photos!
• Have a photo printer available at the end of the red carpet, so everyone can have a picture of themselves with their favorite actor or actress
• Have ballots at the end of the red carpet, so people can vote on superlatives (best dressed, best hair, comedian, etc.)
• Get a photo booth with fun accessories like moustaches, hats, glasses, etc.
• In the restroom, have a basket of a few things that are needed for emergencies like bobby pins, hairspray, deodorant and various other hygiene products.
• Serve Hors D’oeuvres that are A-list approved
• Make a couple of drinks named after your favorite actors or actresses (or movie). Make sure the drink matches the personality of the actor or movie!
• Rent an old time popcorn machine and have black and gold bags made to match the occasion. Load it up with extra butter!
• Serve gold glittery desserts (glitter cupcakes, cake balls, etc.) Yes, there is edible glitter.
• At the end of the night, give out awards made by yours truly, Presenta Plaque, for the superlative winners
If you follow these 11 tips, you are guaranteed to have the party of a lifetime—at least until next year.Categories: award plaques, do it yourself plaques, pocket plaques
Tags: Award Kits, DIY Plaques, plaque kits