Whether you’re holding an awards ceremony at the conclusion of your daughter’s soccer club season, to honor class graduates, to pay tribute to volunteers who have gone above or beyond the call of duty or for any other reason you’re looking to honor people, planning the award ceremony carefully will ensure the event goes smoothly and everyone gets the most out of the experience.
Observe these tips and we know you’ll have a successful and memorable awards ceremony!
- Order award certificates from PresentaPlaque to be presented to the honorees.
- Establish a plan.
- Select a date and time for the ceremony that doesn’t conflict with the majority of attendees.
- Select a location for the awards ceremony that is large enough to accommodate maximum attendance by attendees, coworkers, friends and family. Make sure there is accommodation for the disabled (e.g., ramps for wheelchairs, an interpreter for the hearing impaired).
- Notify award recipients and their guests with invitations long enough in advance that they can plan ahead and let them know if they are expected to make some remarks upon receiving their award certificate.
- Recruit a team of helpers to work as part of an Awards Ceremony Committee.
- For each member of the Awards Ceremony Committee, assign specific tasks.
- Arrange for a special person involved in the organization to present awards.
- Invite a leader of the organization or special guest speak on a topic important to the attendees.
- Publicize the award recipients and the upcoming ceremony as much as possible, including through press releases, where appropriate.
- If possible, hire a musical ensemble to make the event extra-special.
- Prepare a high quality brochure with photos, a letter from the leader and description of honorees’ accomplishments.
- Arrange to have a professional photographer take photos of honorees receiving their award certificates.
- Hire a professional caterer to prepare the food for the award recipients and their guests.
- Decorate the room with festive decorations such as banners, balloons, flowers, etc.
Tags: award ceremonies, award certificates, award plaques, honor accompishments, wholesale certificates